Monday, June 16, 2008

blonde and blue-eyed

So I took the afternoon off today to submit my study permit application in Kew. Despite my obsessive over-preparation of the documents, I actually forgot to bring enough money for the application fee. I ended up making a 20-minute trek to and from Kew Junction to find an ATM. The rest was relatively painless, now I just have to wait for them to issue the permit.

I set up a profile on Qcruiser.com a couple of days back, but it hasn't been very helpful in yielding Norwegian contacts so far. Everyone seems so old anyway - there are hardly any twenty-somethings on the site (in contrast to the usual Aussie sites). Eye candy is also sorely lacking. The only response so far was from a 35-year-old leather daddy from Berlin who's into "submissive, shaved boys" (his words not mine). I politely declined.

I was disheartened, but as it turns out, it doesn't take much to restore my faith in Norwegians: thanks to 19-year-old track-and-field athlete Håkon Kvæken. Let's hope I meet more of those in Oslo come August!



Random trivia: my birthday is the same day as Norwegian Crown Princess Mette-Marit. I thought that was rather amusing.

1 comment:

Paul said...

He reminds me of my younger self, though i think i tend to wear more clothes.

Remember emil, just because there are younger people on the aussie websites doesnt mean any of them are worth it. And i am yet to find anything even close to that!